F8 artwork

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 18:50:19 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> 2) We should have a general discussion here on list to get our thoughts
> out on where F8's artwork could go. What desktop wallpaper are you using
> these days? Have you seen any cool ones lately? Seen any cool current
> graphic design in general lately? Have an idea for a nice style we could
> use? Send it to the list and we can discuss and try to come up with a
> general style to push for. :) What kinds of feedback have you heard on
> the Fedora 7 theme? What have you heard about other distro's themes? Do
> we want to get into photomanip, 3d rendering, vector-based, or some
> combo of the three?

One thing that has frequently been mentioned by some reviews including
the distrowatch one at
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070604#feature is that the
clearlooks theme looks distinctly dry compared to the polished artwork
in GDM, wallpaper etc. I think folks are looking for a more glossy theme.

Rahul