F8 artwork

Ben Arnold ben.arnold.inbox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:59:57 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well I don't know if we should even have to 'make up our mind.' I think
> it's cool to have a different look each time, it keeps people guessing
> and like I mentioned earlier, I think it's a good platform for showing
> off what FOSS creative software can do.

Whilst I agree that a range is always good, there must still be a tone
set to match the product. A while ago (I don't have the references to
hand) there were discussions about professional look of themes etc.
which I feel should be more than a polished design. We have had black
(4) light blue (5) dark blue (6) and now a very rich one (7) so if we
create a orange one that has paint splashes, it might stand out a bit
- in my opinion, not in a good way. The look should extend through
releases to have a bit on continuity.

If the Fedora logo and general colour scheme were rich red (ahem) or
yellow, it would be the same if the next design were a pretty blue
sky.

I might just be a little reserved, though.

> > What about something like this,
> > http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37727936
> > as a more vector-style version /might/ work?
>
> Oh my goodness that's gorgeous. Actually everything in his gallery is :)
> wowowow :)

Smashy rocks.

./b

--