Re: WIP - Fedora 8 theme

That "Blended" theme is about the direction i want to go.

but i`ve made a new mockup with a different color theme. it should be alot better for the eyes and the long term usage.
however i do now get the feeling that i`m making what i was trying to avoid.. making everything in blue (or blue like) and therefore use to much blue in the theme..

and with this mockup i`m not completely happy with the window decoration (the top part only).. i`m happy with the taskbar :) it looks really well this way.

what do you think of it?
and some more responses would be welcome.

here it is:

2007/6/9, Marek Mahut < mmahut fedoraproject org>:
Mark wrote:
> Hey,

Hey Mark,

> today i also posted this wip in the Fedora 8 artwork thread but it`s
> better to have this in a thread of its own.
> So hereby i present you with my first fedora window theme mockup ever
> (i`ve made mockups before but never for a window manager or a operating
> system)
> Feel free to post any critics here.. and for the mockup itself.. i have
> absolutely no idea if some parts are possible or not.. i just make a
> mockup and deal with the technical issues later on. This theme is
> intended for the KDE desktop but will probably work just fine on Gnome
> aswell.
> Note that i`m not completely happy with the close, minimize and maximize
> images yet.. the style arround it with the green glow looks good to me
> but again not sure if that`s even possible.
> Here is the WIP
> http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2840/kdebattlewip2fi9.png
> commens and critics? ^_^

Good work, the window is very nice, as you said buttons needs to be
worked. But I don't like the color of the taskbar, I mean this color
will break my eyes after 14 hours of work 8)

Maybe you can cooperate with authors of other themes, few I like:

Marek Mahut                    Tel.: +420-532-294-111 (ex. 826-2046)
Fedora Ambassador                              GSM: +420-731-076-674
http://www.fedoraproject.org                   http://www.jamendo.com

Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list redhat com