[F8 theme proposal^Widea] Fedora Tea

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jun 11 14:01:06 UTC 2007

I got this theming idea a few days ago but not being sure I will follow
it with any concrete artwork, I'll share it here, so it is not lost for
good: something tea related.
It may be tea leaves, a tea pot, tea bag, iced tea or just tea colors,
but it have to be subtle, not explicitly related to the IcedTea [1]
project (the 100% free implementation of the OpenJDK) which may be one
of the greatest features in F8.

The metaphor in this theming idea can be enjoyment: one enjoy his distro
of choice just like he enjoy his favorite beverage (and the beverage
thing is a tie/link to moonshine).

On the same note, the metaphor may be even more brutal and use something
coffee: coffee stains, coffee beans, coffee colors.

Last minute addition: how about something about fortune telling using
tea leaves?[2]  I think is possible to do an interesting pattern of
leaves, maybe something abstract or the infinity symbol made from tea
leaves.

[1] http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki//Main_Page
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasseography