Nodoka Theme - Metacity Development

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:24:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 16:27 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 16:00 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > I started on Nodoka Metacity development and as it's my first metacity
> > theme I am very inexperienced in the creation process and therefore I
> > made up my mind to provide every "functional" snapshot I make. I would
> > like if some of you test whether it works ok and also I really
> > appreciate if someone with appropriate knowledge reviews the code... I'd
> > like the code to be clean and effective, but as I don't know the tips
> > and tricks I'd like to have someone to help me with it.
> >
> > Current state is:
> > only window borders are drawn, so it's not much usable, and only
> > (un)focused normal/maximized versions are coded (the rest will be just
> > displayed using one of those currently).
>
> I'm sorry, I forgot to mention where you can download it... I put it on
> the wikipage [1]... and direct link is here [2].

This is really nice work, Martin.  A couple observations:

1. The darker color for the window title bar seems the better choice
because it doesn't drag the eye away from the content of the windows.

2. The thicker window borders are probably a requirement, because the
thin ones don't give an appearance of actionable space for users to
click and drag.