fedora 8 artwork - deadline reminder

Ben Arnold ben.arnold.inbox at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:11:21 UTC 2007

On 25/06/07, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> As you may know, we have an open process [1] for submitting artwork
> proposals for Fedora 8.
> The *tentative* deadline for the first round [2] is approaching fast, in
> one week and we don't have yet *any* formal submission. With a tight
> schedule for F8 I think this date may slip, but only with a few days.

Sod's law that I'm on holiday abroad from 2nd - 17th July.
I hope that the Monday 20th July actually means Monday 23rd instead of
Friday 20th :-p

On 25/06/07, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we introduced a simple and clean theme, nor
> if we shipped a previous proposal which was liked, like eg. Borealis. KISS. :)

IIRC, I made a complete set for Borealis [1] in a vector format. I'm
happy to re-submit this via a new wiki page if need be.

A while ago, Marian had an idea for an abstract design. I made a wiki
page [2] for idea collection along with a sketch at the bottom. I'm
slightly unsure of this fitting in with simplicity idea but if the
detail is kept low, I'm sure it would be fine.

./b

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8ThemeAbstract

--