Re: fedora 8 artwork - deadline reminder

My artwork is far at this moment but i`m still wondering if making artwork will be good.. because with F7 the Redhat people decided to make the theme internal even with alot of good theme proposals. so if redhat plans to do this same trick again when all the proposals have been made than i would like to know this now because than i quit my theming efforts because they won`t be used anyway.

So: can you guarantee that proposals made here actually have a chance of being used?
Or: we make stuff and redhat decides to make something different? (and thereby making our stuff useless)

This might seem like annoying questions but they are important for me to know. and i think this is important for everyone to know. so please a official and public (don`t pm me with it) answer.

2007/6/25, Ben Arnold <ben arnold inbox gmail com>:
On 25/06/07, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro> wrote:
> As you may know, we have an open process [1] for submitting artwork
> proposals for Fedora 8.
> The *tentative* deadline for the first round [2] is approaching fast, in
> one week and we don't have yet *any* formal submission. With a tight
> schedule for F8 I think this date may slip, but only with a few days.

Sod's law that I'm on holiday abroad from 2nd - 17th July.
I hope that the Monday 20th July actually means Monday 23rd instead of
Friday 20th :-p

On 25/06/07, Dimitris Glezos < dimitris glezos com> wrote:
> I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we introduced a simple and clean theme, nor
> if we shipped a previous proposal which was liked, like eg. Borealis. KISS. :)

IIRC, I made a complete set for Borealis [1] in a vector format. I'm
happy to re-submit this via a new wiki page if need be.

A while ago, Marian had an idea for an abstract design. I made a wiki
page [2] for idea collection along with a sketch at the bottom. I'm
slightly unsure of this fitting in with simplicity idea but if the
detail is kept low, I'm sure it would be fine.

./b

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8ThemeAbstract

--