Re: document-page-setup or/and document-properties icon mockups.

Le mercredi 07 mars 2007 à 17:07 -0500, Diana Fong a écrit :

> I also would like to hear opinions about the use of the wrench or
> screwdriver + hammer metaphor currently used to represent 'properties'
> and 'setup' throughout the desktop, and how the use of the microscope
> can cause confusion.

setup is very different from properties. You go into setup to change
stuff and have access to configuration utilities. OTOH properties are
mostly used in passive look-at-it context, and a lot of properties are
static

For me gears = active/running stuff, wrench = tweaking things
(gears have been used in the past to mark system services and
executable/batch files). Both are not appropriate metaphors for looking
at static things

--
Nicolas Mailhot