Bluecurve style: announcing QSimpleStyle

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 13:28:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 10:40 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram napsal(a):
> > It is useful to have it in the repository and see if we can get people
> > to experiment and be creative with it. Do you want to maintain it in
> > Fedora?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers.
> >
> > Rahul

> Agreed, but I also noticed on their homepage that QSimpleStyle is a part of
> gtk4qt project which aims to be for Gnome what is gtk-qt-engine for KDE - i.e.
> transition layer for kde to use gtk themes directly (and thus allowing Gnome
> users to have QT apps look like if they were GTK apps). I think it would be
> useful to have this package as well, and probably QSimpleStyle only as a subpackage.

Please don't. These cross-toolkit theming implementations are pretty
fragile and really not the way to go. The gtk-qt hack has been the
source of a considerable fraction of the crash reports that are clogging
up the GTK+ bugzilla. If you want a single cross-toolkit theme
implementation, work on a toolkit-agnostic theming framework.