Re: Fedora Firefox Start Page

John Baer wrote:
All,

I use the http://www.google.com/firefox page to perform searches using
google and I considered if many others do the same.

Assuming the page receives a lot of hits I thought why not consider a
"Fedora Firefox Start Page"?

Do you realize the "Firefox Start Page" is put up by Google and Mozilla get *a lot* of money from Google to put it as default?

I made a rough mock up of the idea for your consideration at my wiki
home page.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBaer

Your thoughts?

I am against putting free advertising in the distro for a commercial, unrelated entity. And personally, I do almost all my searches using the search box in Firefox, no need to visit google.com

Right now the default home page in Firefox is an introduction useful for first time users: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/BrowserStartPage

--
nicu