Echo - Throbber animation

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 21 10:21:52 UTC 2007

Ben Arnold napsal(a):
> All,
>
> I have noticed on the Echo wiki page there is a space for a new
> quick mockup for; they can be seen on my wiki page [1].
>
> As this cursor is a kind of key icon, seen by everyone quite a lot of
> the time, I thought it would be one to pick up on with the rest of
> 'em.
>
> Thanks.
> ./b
>
> 1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BenArnold/EchoLoading

Hi,

It's interesting idea. After some time spent watching the cursor it convinced me
- I like it. Yet there can be some improvement. First of all I would not use the
red colour you used, it's too striking, drags ones attention to the cursor.
Maybe some hue of orange or (typically fedoristic) blue would work better. Next,
I know it's only a sketch, but I think it should look more like one of echo
icons, though it is cursor, now it looks completely different. I think we could
make a complete echo cursor scheme. And finally, I am interested how the same
cursor - but without the arrow will look like. It is also very widely used.

Thanks,
Martin