Re: Echo cursor theme

On 22/03/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:
I think your drawings and sketches for the Echo cursors look great! I'm
very impressed.

Thanks :)

One thing I would suggest, though, is maybe trying to
use some of them over a time and see how they 'feel' (does that make
sense?) Sometimes with graphics like these that are always visible on
the desktop, it's hard to tell without *using* them how well they work.
Does it sound like a good idea that we can try some of the new cursors
to see how they feel?

That's very true. I find working on paper first gives a bit of
breathing space for when it comes to making them digitally. It's about
getting the balence right which isn't helped by having a white piece
of paper and a bluey/grey/black/white/nearly-everything desktop!

I think for us to test the echo cursors we would have to build them with
a tool called xcursorgen:

http://www.xfree86.org/current/xcursorgen.1.html

Might have a play with that sometime, thanks for the info.

./b
--
      ..// seawolf //..
         Ben  Arnold