Wiki Theme

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 00:59:04 UTC 2007

Hey everybody,

I've been interested in playing around with moin for a good while and I
finally got around to getting my own server up again so I had the space
and ability to set up my own install to poke around in. So I came up
with a Fedora theme for it (I started with cornicen from the moin
ThemeMarket [1] as a base):

http://wiki.linuxgrrl.com/

The mockups I started out with and the theme files are here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/WikiNotes

Also note that a lot of mockups have been put together for the wiki over
time; ideas from all of them are in what I came up with:

 From Matt Munoz:
-
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiElements?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fpo-design-front.png

-
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiElements?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fpo-design-interior.png

 From Jeremy:
-
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-December/jpgpTWnCKjSjA.jpg

I really like the basic layout of Jeremy's mockup, and I think something
like the large, dark center banner is something we could use on a
non-wiki front page. It reminds me a lot of the www.gnome.org banner
space, which has been helpful for advertising events and releases for
GNOME.

Although I am not 100% happy with the look (needs more cowbell/bling!),
I do think the theme addresses some of my long time usability nags with
our current theme (the placement of the account preferences always
bugged me, for example). I was also looking to come up with a style that
would fit in nicely on another CMS, so maybe we could use the wiki for
being a wiki and have a CMS that is managed more carefully for
non-contributors looking to learn more about Fedora - see the navbar in
the mocks? (not in the theme yet)

I figured I would send this out so more people knew about it (folks have
been helping me out with it this weekend in #fedora-admin). If anybody
has ideas on how to improve it (especially bling-wise :) ) let's discuss it!

~m

[1]
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/ThemeMarket#head-755c39b282cccb4c5bf9fad229c68825cc5ef3df