Fwd: Nodoka Window Decoration for KDE

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 4 20:21:54 UTC 2007

Hi Laith,

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 21:05 +0100, Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> Humm...
>
> That wasn't as helpful as I expected it to be...
>
> I can't use that to create this theme 'cause it is partially
> transparent...

Of course... he took the screenshot with compiz/beryl enabled...

> I know the hover and click effects work fine, the inactive title bar
> grays out now, however, it becomes a bit darker than the original
> theme.
>
> I don't know how I can increase the height... Are you using Beryl or
> Compiz? Try disabling that, that might help remove the shadows and the
> transparency, that's when I can use those screen shots to create my
> theme :P

I am content with it as a start. As for the height, it is as I wanted it
at first, however the gnome font setting are such that the height is
bigger. If you'd like it to be same, just adjust the font settings. Do
you want me to create a new component (are you OK with nodoka-kwin-theme
for its name?) at the nodoka upstream git repository? I can also give
you rights to write there, but you'll need to add yourself to gitnodoka
group at the fedora accounts system.

Oh, just in case, the colouring of the win title should be done
according to qt theme, the focused colour is derived from colour for
selected items and the unfocused colour is derived from colour for
insensitive background. You can look into the metacity theme for exact
values [1].

Thanks for your efforts,
Martin