Thai fonts (with Purisa)

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek liviopl.pl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:24:12 UTC 2007

Dnia 4 X 2007 14:22:42, Matthias Clasen napisał(a):

> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 14:04 +0200, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You've packaged many, many fonts, like DejaVu (my favourite
> sans-serif
> > family), Gentium (again - favourite, but serif), but my last
> favourite
> > - script Purisa isn't available.
> >
> > Purisa was meant to be thai script font, but many people around the
> > world are using it on their desktops.
> >

> Thats your chance to become involved. Package it yourself and put it
> through review. It is not hard, and a font package is almost no work
> after the initial effort.
>
> Matthias

I'll try next week, [offtopic mode on]when I'll buy 512MB RAM for
myself.
You maybe didn't ever thinked about it - I have 128MB of RAM and I'm
using GNOME, Rhythmbox, Pidgin, Epiphany, Balsa - everything in GTK.

But I've changed ESD to PulseAudio, like you did in F8 and I see better
performance.
So, changing ESD to PulseAudio was very, very good step from you.

[offtopic mode off]

I have packaged eg. gnome-main-menu (SLAB) with patch (I did it!)
making SLAB better integrate with Fedora, so I'm not green in packaging
:] .

PS: Newest SLAB, SVN is in my home directory, waiting for F8 (F7 with
few Rawhide packages doesn't allow to compile without making Fedora
fully Rawhide).

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/