Re: remote background

Rogue wrote:
2. We have a background application that connects to a particular site
and keeps pulling down new images from there and then replaces this
pre-defined image?

Wouldn't the above work? Talking about RSS feeds for images, I am not
sure there are sites out there that do this.

http://art.gnome.org/backgrounds is one example, anything powered by ccHost (used at Open Clip Art Library), also Flickr, PicasaWeb or DeviantArt.

The RSS feeds would allow you to use things like: the latest background created by my favorite artist or my friend, the best rated image, the most viewed and so on.