CD/DVD design mockup

Michael Beckwith tw2113 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:27:36 UTC 2007

http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/infinity_art/infinity-cd-design-revision.png

Mostly changed the font and text from Mairin's suggestions, as well as took
out the center white circle. That's now a transparent area on the blue
background.

I played around with the see-through idea for the infinity lines, but was
really struggling. I am fairly certain that despite no actual "fills" on the
lines, that area is still getting used within the mask. Each time I tried,
it took out the entire blue background. If someone wants to try getting that
to work, feel free. The svg file is updated to what I last had and that
created the newest png file.

On 10/12/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Beckwith wrote:
> > Have since managed to create a png file of the design, after just
> > letting inkscape do its thing with occasional temporary freezes.
> > http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/infinity_art/infinity-cd-design.png
>
> I think this looks great!
>
> Here is my critique/suggestions:
>
> 1- do you know how to do it so the printers can make the infinity lines
> see-through silver down to the cd surface? that would be awesome!
>
> 2- the font and kerning of "Fedora 8: DVD" looks rough. Also it's using
> Liberation Sans... I suggest using DejaVu (better i18n coverage) and
> kerning the letters a bit tigher, maybe left aligning the two lines.
>
> Other than that I think it looks great!
>
> ~m

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)