F8 CD Design Work

Hi folks,

I started playing around with some of the designs Michael did recently [1] to see if we could get closer to some final CD artwork for F8's release.

I read about this technique of designing CD labels to allow for the silver of the CD to shine through and wanted to see if we could use it:

http://marvin.mrtoads.com/silver_surface.html

Max, do you know if our printers can do something like this, and if so what format they would need it in?

These are two designs that I came up with, one based on Michael's design and two that's a bit different (somewhat inspired by the RHGB/anaconda Infinity graphics.) Please note the weird grey gradient is actually supposed to represent the silver surface of the CD shining through:

- http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.2.png

- http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.3.png

- http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.4.png

As usual, source SVGs are in the same dir. What do you folks think about these?

~m

[1] http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/infinity_art/