F8 CD Design Work

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Oct 18 06:21:05 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Max, do you know if our printers can do something like this, and if so
> what format they would need it in?

There is need for special hardware for such transparencies? Like an
ordinary user can't download the graphics and print his own CD?

> These are two designs that I came up with, one based on Michael's design
> and two that's a bit different (somewhat inspired by the RHGB/anaconda
> Infinity graphics.) Please note the weird grey gradient is actually
> supposed to represent the silver surface of the CD shining through:
> -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.2.png
> -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.3.png
> -
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/cd-labels/f8/infinity-cd-design_mizmo.4.png
>
> As usual, source SVGs are in the same dir. What do you folks think about
> these?

- I like 2 the best, it is the closest to the Infinity look;
- there is some potential in 3, with irregular shapes (kinda ramind me
of the Bubble splash screen a few release ago), but this particular
implementation is not that spectacular;
- in 4 the silver part is small, barely noticeable, probably not enough
to bother with transparency.