Re: Smolts.org needs a makeover!

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 10/25/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
Hadn't heard back, thought I'd send a reminder.  If someone is willing
to do the work, I'm up for a total re-design.

Do we have a jobs bulletin board that is easily advertisable?  If we
are having a spike in web-design needs which is outstripping our
current contributor pool, perhaps F8 release is a really really good
time to make a push for new contributors in the web-design area.

Wellll, we don't really have a UI/web design service. We have the Art Design Service page. We have the web request page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/PageRequests

But we seem low on people actually designing. Some stuff, like start.fedoraproject.org I've been very surprised of the low turnout. With start.fedoraproject.org we're potentially looking at THE most visible page in Fedora, millions of hits :) I'd think that'd make a good resume / portfolio addition. smolts.org is pretty cool right now too.

On a side note, every time I see a mockup from someone like mizmo it reminds me how bad I am at my design :)

   -Mike