Smolts.org needs a makeover!

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 02:53:36 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hadn't heard back, thought I'd send a reminder.  If someone is willing
>> to do the work, I'm up for a total re-design.
>>

> Do we have a jobs bulletin board that is easily advertisable?  If we
> are having a spike in web-design needs which is outstripping our
> current contributor pool, perhaps F8 release is a really really good
> time to make a push for new contributors in the web-design area.

Wellll, we don't really have a UI/web design service.  We have the Art
Design Service page.  We have the web request page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/PageRequests

But we seem low on people actually designing.  Some stuff, like
start.fedoraproject.org I've been very surprised of the low turnout.
With start.fedoraproject.org we're potentially looking at THE most
visible page in Fedora, millions of hits :)  I'd think that'd make a
good resume / portfolio addition.  smolts.org is pretty cool right now too.

On a side note, every time I see a mockup from someone like mizmo it
reminds me how bad I am at my design :)

    -Mike