The KDE-SIG needs (your) help

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Mon Oct 29 23:23:26 UTC 2007

Am Di 30.Oktober 2007 schrieb Mark:
> Nice!
> i would like to get in.

Great :)

> i'm (still) not registered at the fedora wiki but will do that soon
> and i will try to help with packaging stuff. i will probably need a
> lot of help there to just get started but i'm more than willing to
> learn that. I hope to be able to do bug zapping as well. Designing is
> something that i could do right away but i like to get started with
> the packaging first.

Well. Learning to package a programm for Fedora isn't really covered by the
KDE-SIG. But that's no problem, because it is one of the best documented
processes at the wiki. See this page for a start:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

> btw what are packages that need to be packaged? is there a list of them?

Here's a short list:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE#head-8482e5f52583617ce25a658ff3bc2e5db431d7c6
One problem here may be also the upcoming KDE 4.0. For Fedora 9 it would be
good to choose a package that would release a version for KDE4. But before
that the development cycle for Fedora 9 should start and we have to get a
full KDE 4.0 into rawhide.

Sebastian