Art Studio Spin?

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Fri Sep 7 12:59:51 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Is there interest in building a spin which is myopically focused on
> the art designer?

As a professional web designer who uses Fedora as my primary web
desktop, I don't see the need for such a variation. In my experience,
designers end up using the same apps as the rest of us (web browser,
office apps, etc.) plus a few key graphics apps - most of which are
already easily available (Inkscape, Gimp, Agave, Blender, etc.).

If anything, and "art/design" group of installable apps might help to
make it easier to get all of the apps that aren't default - but even
that's not too difficult.

Thanks,
Steven Garrity