Art Studio Spin?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 10 07:17:57 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>>
>> And, yeah, I think there are a lot of value-add bits like fonts and
>> brushes and the like that would make it really awesome. Essential?
>> Necessary? No, but... I'd be interested in making a spin that is
>> basically a dream Fedora for me :)
>
> I am not trying to rush you or something, but in the spirit of the
> "release early, release often" philosophy I advice you to not wait until
> your dream is full, instead set a close date and put out *something*,
> even if it is only the Desktop spin with a couple of new packages added
> (and a few other removed), this will help spread the word and get new
> contributors.

An relatively easy way to do this is to send a kickstart file to rel-eng
so that they do a release of the spin with the periodical rawhide images
or test releases. You might also want to post to advisory board list for
a getting a discussion ongoing and approval to do this spin as part of
the Fedora 8 release.

We already have a electronics lab, devel and desktop spin coming up.
Hopefully art studio and maybe a games spin would be ready too. Would be
nice to get a assorted set of spins this way.

Rahul