Graphical Shutdown

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:16:02 UTC 2007

> It is maybe possible (but most likely not in F8), but I think it would
> be better to ask -devel list.

I'll give them a shout :D

>I also think it is not a very good idea,
> IMHO the shutdown should kill processes, not start them. I see the
> future in speed ups in the shutdown process, I can imagine it could be a
> lot faster...

I see what you're saying here - perhaps not a graphical shutdown then,
but at the least a non-verbose shutdown. I find it looks ugly as it
is, really only two areas of Fedora that do look ugly now... (the
other being the space between grub and rhgb, which I understand is
being worked on)

Just my opinion, thanks for the reply though :D

Jon