Re: rhgb at shutdown

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 18:58 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> On 16/09/2007, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <liviopl pl gmail com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm a fedora user for about 2 years now and have never saw RHGB at
> > > shutdown. My guess is that there is no graphical shutdown in fedora.
> > >

> > You'll not see RHGB on shutdown.
> > Why? Because of X11. X11 cannot be running, when system is becomming
> > level 0/etc. (graphical subsystem is down, services are getting down).
> >
> > There are few chances: migration to bootsplash, splashy, usplash or
> > other.
>
> Would there be any possibility of just having a non-verbose shutdown
> option? i.e. just a blank screen?

You would want some sort of user-visible message, otherwise how is the
user to know when shutdown is complete?  From a desktop user point of
view, some display devices may shift to standby mode and confuse the
user, especially if they come back on when the kernel does the final
cleanup tasks and video returns.