Echo bad

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sun Sep 16 19:41:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 21:32 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 21:00 +0200, Mark wrote:
> > If were naming the bad ones.. ^_^
>
> What Echo needs first and foremost is sufficient coverage.

Agreed, comments regarding the new ToDo page I created [1] would be more
then welcome and help in creating icons even more than that.

> While pointing out inconsistencies on things like shadows or
> colors is useful, pointing out individual icons that you consider
> "bad" or "ugly" is unlikely to help.

Yep, I hope, when I have some more time, to make some wiki pages
dedicated specially to the issues. Just find the issues, sort the issues
list the issues, so that we know what needs to be fixed.

> Also, in my experience, it is very hard to judge the quality of an icon
> theme from a list of all icons in all sizes. When I first saw the echo
> wiki pages, I thought some of the icons were terrible, and I was very
> positively surprised when I saw them in use on my desktop.

Agreed.

Martin