Missing pieces

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Tue Sep 18 17:11:20 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>> - Do we want to make some fixes for the menu icon review issues ?
>
> Andreas and Steven have given a lot of great info towards fixing some
> of the identified issues, but I haven't had time to sit down yet and
> go through all of their feedback. I'm not 100% sure how to fix the
> problems once a good replacement icon has been identified, for
> example, I think it would involve setting up some symlinks and
> modifying some desktop files maybe?
>
> It would be great if we could get some fixes in for test 3 though.
There are some alternatives :
1. Patch the applications in Fedora and send the fixes upstream later.
2. Install the icons from some fedora-art package into either
/usr/share/icons/gnome/$size/apps or /usr/share/icons/mist/$size/apps or
something, then fix most of the other issues upstream later.
3. Symlinks, but that only works in some cases, as the desktop-files
refer to *.png in a couple of cases.
- Andreas