Re: [Fwd: Re: gdm login page look&feel]

Frank Murphy wrote:
Some concerns re:

"gdm login page look&feel"

on the devel list.

On the *test* list. I am not subscribed there, so I can't reply directly.

Maybe someone more up to speed can allay concerns?

Pretty much this is the final look and feel of the GMD dialog, barring some last minute patched to the GDM, which is not yet final.

Of course GDM in F9 looks different than F8, it was rewritten and now is themed from GTK+, we, the art team, have not touched it in any way. And this is the way forward for GDM, that will be upstream (GNOME 2.24). If there are bugs with it, please report them.

As for backgrounds, indeed, the F9 theme is pretty much complete. It may receive only minor adjustments.

Re: gdm login page look&feel
To:
fedora-test-list redhat com
Subject: gdm login page look&feel

Is the current one intended to be also the final? And the same for final
backgrounds?
I don't hope so... f8 gdm login is much better! In my opinion obviously

The way the login area resizes looks quite bad when you click on a user in the list. There appear to be several resizes making it look shaky...

Subject:
gdm login page look&feel
To:
"For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list redhat com>

Is the current one intended to be also the final? And the same for final backgrounds?

I don't hope so... f8 gdm login is much better! In my opinion obviously

Hopefully the art team will impress us....

I went also throuh http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes and f9 art milestones... should I presume is this completed?