2 Wallpaper trials for F9 (have to send in 2 parts)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 4 10:24:07 UTC 2008

Sorry people, my fault! I saw those messages on moderation and misread
the number of digits and approved them.

Read below...

dave slaughter wrote:
> Ok, I  have made 2 wallpapers, one using Andy's SVG, and one without,
> using that idea of a wave like look. These are just rough workups, not
> complete works, just something to give you an idea of what I was
> thinking in going with Andy's idea. Please give me input on your
> thoughts, and what could be changed or fixed.

There are two big no-go:
- do not use text ("NINE") in the wallpaper, Fedora is a distribution
used worldwide and the PNGs are not translatable;
- we try to discourage the use of the logo in wallpapers to make the
life easier for derivative distros.

As a personal taste, I would like a less saturated blue, such a bright
color distracts my attention and is tiresome after long use of the desktop.

> This also gives you an idea of what I can do in a short amount of time.

I send attachment too to the list, but please take care of the file
size, you don't have to send a preview at 1600x1200px, a resized version
is just as good to get an idea about it. Or a link is just as good (or
better).

If you don't have where to host files, consider using
http://fedorapeople.org/ (now, as you are approved as a member of the
"Art" group, you are allowed to use it).