Re: [F10 theme proposal] Gears Round 1

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
The current implementation uses a steampunk look and feel, it is a good technology symbol, a large playing field for our imagination and also something quite original for a Linux desktop (for for any desktop).

Well Enlightenment as a desktop environment has been using gears as a symbol for a long time now.

OK, we may not be the firs, maybe exclude the "original" wird from the talk.

BTW, those are gears or a sun? (sun -> light - > enlightenment) Do they use gears in desktop art?

That seems to be right. They look somewhat similar but they probably denote sun rather than gears.

Rahul