Re: Fwd: Release Party Flyers

Hi Jeff,

From: Jeffrey Tadlock <linux elfshadow net>
Date: Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Subject: Release Party Flyers
To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including
icons, themes, and wallpapers." <fedora-art-list redhat com>

Hello Art Team,

 FAmSCo is trying to get Ambassadors to host release parties during the
 first week or so of the Fedora 9 release in their area.  Francesco
 announced the idea to the Ambassadors list here:

 https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-March/msg00145.html

 As part of this, I would like to make it even easier for Ambassadors
 by having some flyers they can download off the wiki to hang up in
 their area announcing their local release party (and, uh, who am I
 kidding - I need some flyers for the release party we are planning
 here in Central Ohio...).

 I am thinking just a one sheet flyer that we can print up and hang on
 University bulletin boards, coffee shop hangouts, computer stores,
 etc.  Now, the dates will most likely vary between area for their
 release party date - so in order to be most useful it would be handy
 for the average non-art person to be able to modify the date, time,
 location and a little area for any special notes.

 Is this something someone could help me out on?

What copy do you want for the poster? What do you want it to say? If you can provide the text, e.g.:

Come Celebrate Fedora 10's release!
CDs and DVDs available, swag available, blah balh balh

Time:
Location:
Special Notes:

(I'm sure you could come up with something better for the headline and byline?)