Re: A wallpaper material or what..

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Frank Murphy wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:28 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Frank Murphy wrote:
At the moment can't see is a a bg\avatar\icon

Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing spectacular,, but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that were submitted here
http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...

Personal Opinion Here:
It's not about being glamorous or not, it's about filling a twofold need.

1: It's a statement, "This is fedora"

No. We are talking about avatars, the statement told by an avatar is
"this is *me*". Avatars represent people and they should fit a number of
person types.

2: Give  users an artistic experience, with provisos.
   a) It doesn't distract them
   b) They understand it, without the need for a written explanation.

Nope. An avatar is supposed to stand-out, to help you recognize your
personality from a bung of people (your login in the face browser, your
account in the user switcher, etc.)

+1

JB..
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg hi is
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801