revised f9 wallpaper - workitems

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:05:06 UTC 2008

On 4/8/08, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 11:41 +0200, Mark wrote:
>
>  > > >
>  > >  I'll render 1600x1200. Should be done near 03:00 UTC or so.
>  > >  Theoretically we shouldn't have to render any other 4:3 wallpapers,
>  > >  unless we want larger, which we shouldn't need. -- ian
>  >
>  > Seems big enough to me.
>  > Best to just provide the SVG image as well incase someone wants to
>  > render a even bigger image.
>

> What would be the recommended for "xinerama" settings?
>  (Im my case 2880x900,1440x2)

This is what I'm worried about. Right now I'm only doing the 4:3
screen ratio because of that. Are we going to expand the image or just
cut it off (mostly on the bottom, of course, so that we don't cut off
the waves)... and in the case of dual screens, do you think it's OK to
just have it repeat on both screens?

Also, if you haven't seen, ricky and I in #fedora-art were discussing
the possibility of creating the SRPM for the wallpapers with just the
SVGs and the spec file would direct rpmbuild to render the PNGs. It
would be nice for those who would like to *easily* find the vector
source and how exactly it was rendered in CVS. I spent last night
creating the command line and GIMP script to create the different
times of day and add the sparkles. I posted this link to #fedora-art.

-- ian