Re: [Echo] new computer icon draft

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 17:57 +0200, Mark wrote:
> 2008/4/23 María Leandro <tatadbb gmail com>:
> >  think that's cool... but I dont think that the monitor perspective is
> > correctly formed.
> >

> I was thinking the exact same!
> The monitor is definitely out of perspective.. but nice to see a
> wide-screen in the computer icon ^_^

It's definitely NOT out of perspective but it's definitely strange.
Mathematically speaking, the points and the shape follows the isometric
perspective correctly, however to the eye of a beholder, who is used to
real word perspective, it looks odd.

> Also this suggestion:
> 2008/4/23 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro>:
> >  Maybe the computer could be smaller (small form factor?)
>
> That would definitely be a unique icon and i think will look better as well.
>
> > but my comment is
> > about something else: on that page you have also an "internet-web-browser"
> > icon, which is just a globe. Isn't that a bit too simplistic? Does a globe
> > by itself represent the web browsing metaphor?
>
> Usually it's a globe icon or a globe with lines going over it.
You mistake category-internet for internet-web-browser there. It's two
different things.