Re: [Echo] new computer icon draft

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 15:56 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Pavel Shevchuk wrote:

> >>  The problems I had always had with that icon are still there:
> >>
> >>  1) the monitor looks like it needs V8; it looks like it's tipping over
> >> backwards
> >>  2) I have never seen, in real life, a monitor placed that way up against a
> >> computer tower
> >
> > Mo, you're welcome to visit my flat anytime to see such (practical)
> > desk layout in real life =)
> > Photo: http://stalwart.fedorapeople.org/tmp/stalwart_desk_delta.jpg
> >
> > P.S. I like this icon even more now =)
>
> Well that's great.
>
> I've never before seen that in practice. Why? Because, most people like
> having desk space so they keep the tower under their desk, and it's also
> far easier to access to the CD drive and USB ports when the system's
> front is facing you.
>
> ~m
Especially if the only usb ports available are at the back :-D But now
for real... I don't think it's *far* easier to access DVD drive when
it's facing you or when it's in Pavel's setup. I'd even say the easiness
is comparable (after all in notebook I also have a DVD drive on its side
and the thing that bugs me most is front facing audio out/in-put)... But
that does not alter the fact that most people have the tower under their
desk...