Re: [Echo] git screencasts

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 20:02 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> 2008/8/1 Martin Sourada <martin sourada gmail com>:
> I think that the native Ogg/Theora/Vorbis support coming in FireFox
> gives us a lot of incentive to not use anything else.

IMHO that's a bad step. I applaud them for supporting Theora, Vorbis and
Ogg but they should support as many *open* formats/containers as
possible. Especially given that mkv is much more robust for videos than
Ogg and has wide support through many HW/SW platforms. IIRC WebKit-gtk
handles <video> and <audio> tags via gstreamer and should be thus able
to play pretty anything (in brand new Fedora installation limited to
anything FLOSS). However the <video> tag support is experimental and
disabled by default (in Fedora WebKit package it's disabled as well).