How To?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Aug 4 13:03:13 UTC 2008

Vara Prasad Pepakayala wrote:
> Hi Team, I have made a little progress today. I have decided to create
> my own task and started designing some* cursors for the "Gear theme" for
> F10*. I couldn't get any queued task.So, I have tookup this job.  Can
> anyone direct me, what should I do next...

Post here about your concepts, sketches, work in progress, results and
so on, we'll try to give feedback.

As documentation for creating a cursor theme you can look at the source
codes for Bluecurve (we still use the icon theme from Bluecurve):
https://fedorahosted.org/bluecurve/browser/bluecurve/cursors

As you can see, we need 4 versions of the theme: normal, inverse (for
inversed, white on black themes) and left-handed normal and inversed.
Also, for each theme are defined 3 sizes: 24x24, 36x36 and 48x48.

Also you will see multiple sheets for one size, those contain only the
succesive frames of a couple of icons which are animated.

With all those said, consider that "Gears" is only a theme proposal and
it may not make final, so before going into great work publish some
sketches.
Also, if you like the theme concept, you can come with some improved,
Round 2-worthy, Gears graphics for the theme itself.