Re: Using photos rather than "art"

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 16:24 -0500, Bob Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a Red Hat developer, and completely new to this list, so forgive
> my ignorance.  I like the "blue" themes that Fedora has traditionally
> chosen, but I was wondering if Fedora could have a photo for its
> main background screen.

This might be a good occasion to point at Jon McCanns comparative study
of desktop backgrounds in various OSs again:

http://www.gnome.org/~mccann/art/State%20of%20the%20Art%20-%20Wallpapers
%20(2008-05-29).pdf

There is certainly something to be said for getting out of the 'box'
we're in with abstract backgrounds...