Wallpaper Extras

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 7 09:26:34 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> I noticed there were some proposals for additional backgrounds in
> fedora, *again*. I also think it would be nice if we, the art team, have
> provided some sort of background-extras package(s) with hand-picked
> wallpapers. So I quickly put together a wiki page [1] for tracking the

Good initiative!

> content of such package. Feel free to extend it, edit it, propose
> wallpapers for inclusion, ... Once we got a fair amount of accepted
> wallpapers, I (or if anyone else is interested in it) will make a RPM
> package and submit it for inclusion in Fedora.

What do you think is the best way to use it: upload the images (as big
as they are) to the wiki or have those hosted in our own space
(fedorapeople?) and just link to them?

A disadvantage of having them directly in the wiki is the large size,
but on the other hand we could use the MediaWiki built-in gallery feature.

Whit that being said, I think I have myself some photos to post right
away, will have to do some search and evaluation.