Wallpaper Extras

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:57:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 12:26 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> What do you think is the best way to use it: upload the images (as big
> as they are) to the wiki or have those hosted in our own space
> (fedorapeople?) and just link to them?
>
> A disadvantage of having them directly in the wiki is the large size,
> but on the other hand we could use the MediaWiki built-in gallery feature.
>
> Whit that being said, I think I have myself some photos to post right
> away, will have to do some search and evaluation.

I think either is fine, but the gallery feature seems to win this for
me, IMHO it's perfect for such page. Is there a way to use within the
gallery external images? That would be even better. Or does the
MediaWiki also resize the images before it sends them to the requester?
I mean if the images displayed in the gallery were not scaled down on a
client but resized down on the server than the problem with large size
wouldn't be a problem at all.

Martin