Wallpaper Extras

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 7 10:11:20 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> I think either is fine, but the gallery feature seems to win this for
> me, IMHO it's perfect for such page. Is there a way to use within the
> gallery external images? That would be even better. Or does the

I don't know that much about MediaWiki.

> MediaWiki also resize the images before it sends them to the requester?

For images stored in the wiki the thumbnails are created on the server.

> I mean if the images displayed in the gallery were not scaled down on a
> client but resized down on the server than the problem with large size
> wouldn't be a problem at all.

I was thinking about file sizes... the JPEGs straight from my camera are
about 4.5-5MB, resized at 1920x1200, they will get under 1.5MB, but this
is still quite large (and the file size will be a problem for the
package too).