Fedora Theme Contest: What happenes to the runners-up?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 8 06:23:07 UTC 2008

I think this is an interesting topic, worth discussing on the Art list,
so I move it there.

Duvelle Jones wrote:
> This is more or less my question, for every time that I see the ArtTeam
> conduct an theme contest for Wallpapers, I see one or two that happen to
> be impressive. Impressive enough to warrant addition, but I assume that
> those that come second or third in the contest don't have there work
> packaged for the next version for Fedora Linux.
> From my perspective, that is a shame... if I am correct, that the work
> of runners-up are simply discarded. If not, what does in fact happen?

If fact, we didn't had so far more than one proposal going to the final
state (all graphics created), that usually stopped at Round 2 (a
wallpaper and a few additional graphics).

The intention is not to run it as a contest, so we don't have a clear
second or third place, it is supposed to work by consensus, where a
large number of people converge in working in one concept.

There is a very new initiative to create a gallery with additional
wallpapers:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-August/msg00118.html
I think that is the right place to upload and share the images that
didn't made the release.