Re: Hello hello

Evangeline McGlynn wrote:
Greetings Fedora Art group,

Hi,

My name is Eve McGlynn and I am hoping to join the Fedora Art group.  A
little bit about myself: my formal background is in cartography, which
focuses a lot more on design than some people realize (though others are
suspicious of the technical aspects, so I guess I'm doomed to always
justify myself to other folks!).  Outside of school though, I've always

I pretended to do myself some "cartography" when in fact what I did was gaming map graphics: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/?gallery=rpg_map :D

had my fingers in some sort of creative medium.  I currently work for
Red Hat as an interaction designer, and am trying to join the Art group
to better dig my heels into fedoraland as I will likely occasionally do
projects in that realm for work.  As far as software is concerned, I
work in both the Adobe tools and Inkscape and GIMP.  For most projects,

While we strongly encourage (as opposed to impose) Free tools, is a must to use Free formats, it is a lesson we learned "the hard way" with Bluecurve, so for example the .ai format is a big NO, while an SVG produced by Illustrator is passable (we can clean it with Inkscape).

I find myself using a pen and paper for most of the early stages, as
it's easier for me to think with a pen than a mouse, but I'm
nevertheless grateful I was born after the paste-board days of graphic
design.

I hope this introduction helps you folks.  If there's any more you'd
like to hear, please let me know!

Have you any graphics to share?