Re: [F10 themes: round 2] Gears: lot of gears

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Since the first round ended, we had very little theme activity, so maybe is time to heat the things a bit.

I worked on a possible evolution of the Gears theme, about having a lot of gears in a very complex machinery, here is its current status (work in progress, there is a ton of work to do on it):
- preview: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears-r2.png
- source: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Gears-r2.svg

My intention is to as at least a couple more layers of gears and I *must* find a way to add some blue.

Opinions? Ideas?

Here's my try that I showed you in IRC today. It's very blue :) It seems more cyberpunk than steampunk. I may try a different approach to give it a more steampunk feel.

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/gears-blueswirl.png

Source:
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/gears-blueswirl.xcf (I didn't do any inkscape mods except I do have some layers in there that are Nicu's original gears with the background layer removed.)