[F10 themes: round 2] Gears: lot of gears

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 23:13:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 05:37:05PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1ir=EDn_Duffy_ wrote:
> http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/gears-blueswirl_steampunk_screened.png

Excellent, although I am *not* a fan of the gold gears. All blue for the
desktop at least, maybe with different gradients depending on the time
of day, but it should all be smooth.

> Maybe they could be made more sparse for the desktop but dense for the
> banners/splashes for the rest of the artwork set?

Definitely.

I don't want to come off as not doing anything with this theme, and just
saying what I think without any contribution back. As I did last
release, I can probably help out in rendering all the different
wallpaper sizes from the scratch SVGs -- maybe we can do it early enough
where we can produce a standard Makefile of some sort and build it on
Koji, have the SVGs in the SRPM. (I'm getting technical now.)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36