Music and sound effects

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 19 14:31:17 UTC 2008

Chris Norman wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Chris,

> I am a visually impared musician who wants to help with the fedora
> project.
>
> If anyone needs music or sound effects, voice clips or the like for any
> project, please feel free to email me.

Glad to have you here! Most of us are skilled with using graphic
application and less with creating sounds and I think Fedora (and the
Linux desktop in general) could really use a good sound events theme,
something rivalling the other desktop operating systems.

> Please don't ask me to test programs, becuase not all of the programs
> included with Fedora are accessible for the blind, and in most cases I
> probably won't have time, but if I can be of any assistance, please let
> me know.

Personally I don't know much about this, but he have on list a few
"desktop" people who should know more, in my understanding Fedora 10
should contain libcanberra, a sound event library implementing the XDG
sound theming/naming specs.
I am absolutely sure we can use some better sound files for this library.