Re: Music and sound effects

Chris Norman wrote:
Unfortunately, I am new to all this stuff, so if I were to go about
creating sounds, where would I get the list of sounds needed? Can
someone tell me what to do? :-D perhaps the people working on the XDG
thing you mentioned?

I hope I am not very wrong and if I am wrong someone will step up and correct me (I understand Mlanglie did a bit of clean-up on those files, not sure that Lennart is subscribed here) but this is a sound theme: http://0pointer.de/public/sound-theme-freedesktop.tar.gz, probably the GNOME default.

Unpack it and will see a number of sound files (in OGG format, WAV could be just as good, we can compress it later), the file names should be self descriptive. Also se the README file in that tarball for some simple rules which have to be followed (duration, volume).