Re: [Echo] Updated echo-add-icon Script + Usage Screencast

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 14:08 -0400, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting Martin Sourada <martin sourada gmail com>:
>

> > In the above mentioned screencast I outlined how the source SVG looks
> > like and what is the usage of the echo-add-icon script.
> >
> > I appreciate any comments/help on the script [attached] and screencast.
>
> On your scripts, when you use "git commit" command, you can add "-m" option
> write comment without directly going to vi. hope it helps.

That's handy in case you are 100% sure your commit is correct, but the
standard "git commit" command lets you review the changes first (as can
be seen in the screen-cast), which I prefer ;-) Also IIRC there is some
way to change the editor from vi to something other, in case people are
not comfortable with it. Git man pages say:

ENVIRONMENT AND CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The editor used to edit the commit log message will be chosen from the
GIT_EDITOR environment variable, the core.editor configuration
variable, the VISUAL environment variable, or the EDITOR environment
variable (in that order).