[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

RE: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG (Marland V. Pittman)





> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Kostas Antonakoglou joining fedora art team
> (Konstantinos Antonakoglou)
> 2. Re: Check out my Facebook profile (Mark)
> 3. Re: Check out my Facebook profile (Rahul Sundaram)
> 4. Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG (Marland V. Pittman)
> 5. Re: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG (Clint Savage)
> 6. Re: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG (Rahul Sundaram)
> 7. Introduction! (RICHA MALHOTRA)
> 8. Re: Introduction! (ANKUR ANAND)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:34:22 +0200
> From: Konstantinos Antonakoglou <anton cost gmail com>
> Subject: Kostas Antonakoglou joining fedora art team
> To: fedora-art-list redhat com
> Message-ID: <1230676462 4082 16 camel localhost localdomain>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Hello! My name is Kostas Antonakoglou (constanton) [1] and I am a Fedora
> Ambassador from Greece and I wish to become active member of the Fedora
> Art Team. I have followed the required procedure : I have joined the
> mailing list and partially completed one of the Design Service tasks [2]
>
> I am capable of using GIMP and Inkscape and I enjoy designing posters,
> flyers and wallpapers.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KostasAntonakoglou
> [2]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#Fedora_Security_Spin
> --
> Konstantinos Antonakoglou
> PGP key: 0xC9E2E16B
> <anton cost gmail com>
> constanton @ Freenode
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: not available
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 197 bytes
> Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
> Url : https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/attachments/20081231/67023b87/attachment.bin
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 03:42:11 +0100
> From: Mark <markg85 gmail com>
> Subject: Re: Check out my Facebook profile
> To: "Ibis Fernandez" <ibis cinestarfilmworks com>, "Fedora Art List"
> <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID:
> <6e24a8e80812301842y527094e8q5b9efc147d6aca17 mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> 2008/12/30 Ibis Fernandez <invite+a2b5kexn facebookmail com>:
> > facebook
> > Ibis Fernandez has:
> > 4 friends
> > 0 photos
> > 0 notes
> > 0 wall posts
> > 0 groups
> >
> > Check out my Facebook profile
> >
> > Hi Fedora-art-list,
> >
> > I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos and events
> > and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First, you need to join
> > Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your own profile.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ibis
> >
> > To sign up for Facebook, follow the link below:
> > http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1367460789&k=6416X3RS3XXM5BECTKXYP3&r
> >
> > See who else has invited you to Facebook:
> > Shahul Hameed
> > 10 friends
> > This e-mail may contain promotional materials. If you do not wish to receive
> > future commercial mailings from Facebook, please opt out. Facebook's offices
> > are located at 156 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301.
>
> This is just plain advertisement for facebook!
> looks like spam got through on the fedora art mailing list.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:08:46 +0530
> From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: Check out my Facebook profile
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <495B0566 5090302 fedoraproject org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Mark wrote:
>
> > This is just plain advertisement for facebook!
> > looks like spam got through on the fedora art mailing list.
>
> Not really. If a person is subscribed to this mailing list and has added
> it to his contact list, there is a option to invite "friends" to
> facebook. If you are not careful, you end up inviting random people in
> mailing lists as it has happened now.
>
> Rahul
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 04:17:23 -0500
> From: "Marland V. Pittman" <marland mvpittman com>
> Subject: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG
> To: fedora-art-list redhat com
> Message-ID: <495B38A3 1040001 mvpittman com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hello Fedora Art people! You rock. I don't want to switch distros,
> because you guys put out open Media that I can use to print my own CDs.
>
> That said, with Fedora 10, I installed a Live CD, and wanted to print a
> disc, but found a couple of issues.
>
> I can print directly to my discs using my Epson Stylus Photo R320 and
> printable CDs, if I get a high resolution rasterized graphic, I can crop
> and print with GIMP/gutenprint and everything is gravy.
>
> However, I like having the architecture printed on the disc, so I can
> tell the difference between my 64-bit and 32-bit discs. I complained
> once, but Mo Duffy politely told me how I can change the SVG text so
> that I can put whatever I want. A simple search and replace was all I
> needed to do. Again, awesome.
>
> However, for Fedora 10, downloading the artwork source, I got scribus,
> which I don't know much about using, but wasn't installed on the Live
> Media. I installed it, but I was kind of lost. I managed to get an SVG
> somehow, and then I was going to print it, but noticed the fonts were
> all wonky.
>
> Is there some font being used that I don't have? Considering this is
> Fedora, surely, it is open and available, I'm guessing I just need to
> install it. I don't know how to do that, or even what I'm looking for,
> but all I really want is to print media art on my discs.
>
> I appreciate any help, and encourage the project to include fonts used
> in the media art with the Live CD. I don't know how big a font is, and I
> know media space is limited, but I really found this disheartening.
> Other than that, keep on rocking.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 02:31:32 -0700
> From: "Clint Savage" <herlo fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG
> To: "Fedora Art List" <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID:
> <d9e12e8a0812310131g2075baccybdbe2f5e1f04341b mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Marland V. Pittman
> <marland mvpittman com> wrote:
> > Hello Fedora Art people! You rock. I don't want to switch distros, because
> > you guys put out open Media that I can use to print my own CDs.
> >
> > That said, with Fedora 10, I installed a Live CD, and wanted to print a
> > disc, but found a couple of issues.
> >
> > I can print directly to my discs using my Epson Stylus Photo R320 and
> > printable CDs, if I get a high resolution rasterized graphic, I can crop and
> > print with GIMP/gutenprint and everything is gravy.
> >
> > However, I like having the architecture printed on the disc, so I can tell
> > the difference between my 64-bit and 32-bit discs. I complained once, but Mo
> > Duffy politely told me how I can change the SVG text so that I can put
> > whatever I want. A simple search and replace was all I needed to do. Again,
> > awesome.
> >
> > However, for Fedora 10, downloading the artwork source, I got scribus, which
> > I don't know much about using, but wasn't installed on the Live Media. I
> > installed it, but I was kind of lost. I managed to get an SVG somehow, and
> > then I was going to print it, but noticed the fonts were all wonky.
> >
> > Is there some font being used that I don't have? Considering this is Fedora,
> > surely, it is open and available, I'm guessing I just need to install it. I
> > don't know how to do that, or even what I'm looking for, but all I really
> > want is to print media art on my discs.
> >
> > I appreciate any help, and encourage the project to include fonts used in
> > the media art with the Live CD. I don't know how big a font is, and I know
> > media space is limited, but I really found this disheartening. Other than
> > that, keep on rocking.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Fedora-art-list mailing list
> > Fedora-art-list redhat com
> > http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
> >
>
> Marland,
>
> I'm honestly not sure why this font set isn't included by default.
> There are a few head scratchers out there and this might be one.
> However, The font set you want is called mgopen. You can get it by
> installing it. As root, run:
>
> yum install mgopen-fonts
>
> This can be done on a LiveCD as well, but it's only temporary as long
> as the LiveCD is running.
>
> I hope you enjoy Scribus. If you haven't tried it before, I'd also
> recommend inkscape.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:30:36 +0530
> From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>
> Subject: Re: Fedora 10 Media Art Font / editing SVG
> To: Fedora Art List <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID: <495B42C4 4050100 fedoraproject org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> Clint Savage wrote:
>
> > Marland,
> >
> > I'm honestly not sure why this font set isn't included by default.
> > There are a few head scratchers out there and this might be one.
>
> Live CD's are always cramped for space, so the question always is, why
> should it be? If you can justify it, then posting a request in say
> fedora-desktop list will get you further than scratching your head ;-)
>
> Rahul
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:01:26 +0530
> From: "RICHA MALHOTRA" <richmlh99 gmail com>
> Subject: Introduction!
> To: fedora-art-list redhat com
> Message-ID:
> <129081de0812310231g1692798amcef6976ef77a29bc mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hello! My name is Richa Malhotra(First Year Computer Science student at
> Jaypee Institute Of Information) and i wish to be in the Fedora art team(I
> am new to FOSS).I have joined the mailing list and i love to design
> wallpapers,logos.
>
>
> I am capable of using GIMP and INKSCAPE and enjoy designing
> wallpapers,logos.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/attachments/20081231/e8ffd19b/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:05:58 +0530
> From: "ANKUR ANAND" <ankurdnana gmail com>
> Subject: Re: Introduction!
> To: "Fedora Art List" <fedora-art-list redhat com>
> Message-ID:
> <95f414200812310235s55c7d8dagcb806a03c889aef3 mail gmail com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> 2008/12/31 RICHA MALHOTRA <richmlh99 gmail com>
>
> > Hello! My name is Richa Malhotra(First Year Computer Science student at
> > Jaypee Institute Of Information) and i wish to be in the Fedora art team(I
> > am new to FOSS).I have joined the mailing list and i love to design
> > wallpapers,logos.
> >
> >
> > I am capable of using GIMP and INKSCAPE and enjoy designing
> > wallpapers,logos.
> >
>
> i welcum u to fedora art list on d behalf of all d members..
> we luk forward to seeing some of your work,, and since you are new to FOSS i
> would suggest you to keep working and exploring on the things you are
> interested in.
>
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Fedora-art-list mailing list
> > Fedora-art-list redhat com
> > http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> ANKY
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/attachments/20081231/d2a80d60/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-art-list mailing list
> Fedora-art-list redhat com
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
>
>
> End of Fedora-art-list Digest, Vol 33, Issue 44
> ***********************************************


comprueba el resto de Windows Live™. Algo más que correo: Windows Live™ va mucho más allá de tu bandeja de entrada. Algo más que mensajes

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]