Re: Echo future

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 23:06 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
Martin Sourada wrote:
Easier would be making tango-compiliant theme to play well with GNOME apps.
That would be pointless. We are offering an alternative that is
stylistically (coincidentally) in between the tango style and oxygen
style. I personally think that Echo can work quite good together (to
some extent) with both, while tango and oxygen really don't work
together at all...
Hey Martin!
I'm not sure I agree that the oxygen-style and tango-style clash that hard and we're slowly trying to move closer to the oxygen-style. The latest Firefox 3 stuff is a small step in that direction (+ our HighRes experiments [1], [2]).

And yeah, I would be rather happy if Livio's flames calmed down a bit too and really hope it haven't put the tango-project in a bad light. :/
Some apps are using hardcoded pixmaps, but better are tangoish, than old-GNOME-1.x.

Hard-coded pixmaps are bad, if you keep fillings bugs about those, the
situation might improve for all the people trying to make their own icon
themes (and guessing from look at gnome-look.org there are a lot of
them).
It's also mega-important for HighContrast where the interface will be quite useless if hardcoded.

1. http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=Highres
2. http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=Tango-NG
- Andreas